Department of Geography and Planning, Queen’s University
Master of Planning
- Lee, Claire. “Making Space for Physical Distancing in Canada’s Urban Centers: A Case Study of Vancouver’s Slow Streets.” 2020-2021.
- Adeola, Damilare. “The Effects of Provincial and Municipal Sustainability Policies on Development Patterns in Ontario: A case study of Markham.” 2013-2014.
- Aghabozorgafjeh, Saharsadat. “Redesign of Shannon and Headway Parks; Improving Their Accessibly, Amenities, and Facilities.” 2012-2013 (Supervision transferred to Prof. Leela Viswanathan in Feb 2013).
- Allman, Lindsay. “Reacting to Change: Measuring the Social Impacts of School Closures at the Household and Neighbourhood Scales in Kingston, Ontario.” 2017-2018. Jointly authored article in Local Environment.
- Beaty, Angus. “Evaluating the Walkability of Transit Oriented Development in a Future Transportation Corridor in Metro Vancouver’s Northeast Sector.” 2013-2014.
- Chris, Laura. “A Built Environment Analysis for Fostering Active and Safe Routes to School for Four Elementary Public Schools in Kingston, Ontario.” 2011-2012.
- Coates, Victoria. “Planning Age-Friendly Neighbourhoods: An Evaluation of Two Neighbourhoods in Hamilton, ON.” 2014-2015.
- Cranston, Sarah. “School Closures & Community Hubs: Examining Livability in Ontario through School Closures and the Community Hubs Framework.” 2016-2017. Jointly authored article in Plan Canada, 2017, 57(3).
- Cruceru, Ana. “An Evaluation of the Pedestrian Environment of Princess Street in Kingston, Ontario, From the Perspective of the ‘Great Street’ Concept.” 2012-2013 (Supervision transferred to Prof. Carl Bray in Feb 2013).
- Culley, Christina. “Anaerobic Digestion as a Residential Food Waste Management Method.” 2019-2020.
- Fotino, Anthony. “Education, One Step at a Time: A Walkability Assessment of Three Southern Ontario Inner City Campus Thoroughfare Streets.” 2014-2015.
- Fraser, Carling. “Students and Seniors: Intergenerational Homesharing in Kingston, Ontario.” 2018-2019.
- Hasler, Brittany. “Municipal Promotion of Small-Scale Renewable Energy Projects.” 2011-2012.
- Jamal, Shairoz. “Programming and Services for Youth in North Kingston Parks.” 2012-2013 (Supervision transferred to Prof. Patricia Streich in Feb 2013).
- MacFarlane, Robert. “Attitudinal Variables Influencing Transit Ridership: Measuring the Impact of Express Bus Service in Kingston, Ontario.” 2016-2017.
- McDonell, Heather. “Improving Community Health Through Collaboration Between Public Health And Urban Planning: A Case Study In The Region Of Peel.” 2013-2014.
- Nabuurs, Hayley. “Making Heritage Community Centres Accessible for an Aging Population in Peterborough, ON.” 2019-2020.
- Neilsen, Sarah. “Get moving to school: Comparing influences on the potential for active school travel in four school neighbourhoods in Calgary, Alberta.” 2013-2014.
- O’Neill-Kizoff, Cian. “Sustainability at the Urban-Rural Fringe: Assessing the Implications of Agriburban Development for Planning Sustainable Communities in the Greater Golden Horseshoe.” 2014-2015. Jointly authored article in Plan Canada, 2016, 56 (1). Awarded CIP’s Feature Article of the Year for 2016.
- Pakeman, Kyle. “Taking Kingston’s Equity Pulse: An application and critical evaluation of the Urban HEART@Toronto Methodology to investigate the intra-city social and health inequities of Kingston, ON”. 2015-2016.
- Rees, Joanna. “Exploring the Reasons Why Queen’s Employees Have and Have Not, Shifted to Commuting by Public Transit in Kingston.” 2017-2018.
- Snow, Gabrielle. “A Socio-Spatial Analysis of Communities Affected by School Closures in Ontario.” 2018-2019.
- Spessot, Miranda. “Pathways to Walkability: Examining the Influence of Neighbourhood SES and Urban Form on Walkability in Ottawa, Ontario.” 2014-2015.
- Stuart, John. “Planning for Urban Biodiversity: An Examination of the relationship between ICSP Principles and Novel Ecosystem Formation.” 2012-2013 (Jointly supervised with Graham Whitelaw). Jointly authored article in Local Environment. doi:10.1080/13549839.2014.936844
- Thibault, Jenna. “How Age-Friendly are Kingston’s Suburban Streets? A Comparative Analysis of Two Developments in the City of Kingston.” 2014-2015.
- Tootoonchian, Pegah. “Park It: an examination of 6 urban parks and user needs in Downtown City of Toronto.” 2014-2015.
- Williams, Brandon. “Integrated Community Sustainability Planning: A Comparative Case Study.” 2012-2013. Jointly authored article in International Journal of Sustainable Development. doi.org/10.1504/IJSD.2017.083486
- Wood, Jennifer. “Planning for Healthy Communities.” Winner of the 2012 OPPI Susan Cumming Scholarship. 2011-2012.
School of Environmental Studies, Queen’s University
- Dare, Jennifer. TBD. 2021-present.
School of Kinesiology & Health Studies, Queen’s University
- Tait, Justin. “Residential moves, urban neighbourhood walkability, and physical activity: A vanguard study in Ontario Canada.” 2016-2017. Jointly authored articled in BMC Public Health. doi.org/10.1186/s12889-018-5858-y
- Chadwick, Kathryn. “Examining disparities in the mental health and social support availability of Canadian immigrants between small and large urban centers.” 2013-2014. Jointly authored article in Social Science & Medicine. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2015.01.036
Department of Health Aging & Society, McMaster University
- Alberghetti, Alessandra. “A Passion for Gambling: Gambling Behaviours Among the Older Adult Population”. 2010-2011. Jointly authored article in Journal of Gambling Studies. doi:10.1007/s10899-013-9425-2
- De Nobile, Megan. “The Relationship between Alcohol Consumption and Social Context in Older Individuals”. 2010-2011.