*Denotes graduate students under my supervision.
**Denotes undergraduate students under my supervision.
- Collins PA, Bowie A. “Shifting Commute Patterns of Queen’s University Employees: 2013-2017.” 2019. Kingston, ON: Queen’s University. Link to Final Report
- Collins PA, Allman L*, Irwin B. “Exploring the perceived impacts of a public high school closure for urban liveability in a Canadian midsized city.” Local Environment. 2019. 24(8): 678-95.
- Power E, Belyea S, Collins PA. “’It’s not a food issue; it’s an income issue’: Using Nutritious Food Basket costing for health equity advocacy.” Canadian Journal of Public Health. 2019. 110 (3): 294–302. https://link.springer.com/article/10.17269/s41997-019-00185-5
- Pakeman K*, Collins PA. “Evaluating the feasibility and utility of the Urban HEART tool for assessing social and health inequities in a mid-sized Canadian city context.” Cities and Health. 2018. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/23748834.2018.1548256
- Collins PA, MacFarlane R*. “Evaluating the determinants of switching to public transit in an automobile-oriented mid-sized Canadian city: A longitudinal analysis.” Transportation Research Part A. 2018. 118: 682-695. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tra.2018.10.014
- Collins PA, Tait J**, Fein A, Dunn J. “Residential moves, neighbourhood walkability, and physical activity: A vanguard study in Ontario Canada.” BMC Public Health. 2018. 18: 933. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-018-5858-y
- Cranston S*, Collins PA. “Can Community Hubs Fill the Voids Left by Closed Public Schools? Recommendations for Ontario.” Plan Canada. 2017. 57(3): 41-43.
- Collins PA, Alger M*, Whitelaw G, Williams B*. “Implementing Integrated Community Sustainability Planning: A Comparative Case Study of Three Mid-Sized Municipalities in Ontario, Canada.” International Journal of Sustainable Development. 2017. 20(2): 124-145. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJSD.2017.083486
- Agarwal A, Collins PA. “Opportunities and Barriers in Promoting Public Transit Use in a Midsize Canadian City: A Study of Kingston, Ontario.” Canadian Journal of Urban Research. 2016. 25(2): 1-10.
- Collins PA, Gaucher M*, Power EM, Little MH. “Implicating municipalities in addressing household food insecurity in Canada: a pan-Canadian analysis of news print media coverage.” Canadian Journal of Public Health. 2016. 107(1): e1-e7. http://dx.doi.org/10.17269/cjph.107.5231
- O’Neill-Kizoff C*, Collins PA. “Sustainability at the Urban-Rural Fringe: Implications of agriburbs for sustainable development in Ontario.” Plan Canada 2016; 56(1): 22-5. link Awarded CIP’s Best Feature Article of the Year for 2016.
- Collins PA, Agarwal A. “Impacts of Public Transit Improvements on Ridership, andImplications for Physical Activity, in a Low Density Canadian City.” Preventive Medicine Reports. 2015; 2: 874-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pmedr.2015.10.001
- Stuart J*, Collins PA, Alger M*, Whitelaw G. “Embracing Sustainability: The incorporation of sustainability principles in municipal planning and policy in four mid-sized municipalities in Ontario.” Local Environment 2016; 21(2): 219-40. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13549839.2014.936844
- Collins PA, Mayer D. “Active Transportation among Adults in Kingston, Ontario: An Analysis of Mode, Destination, and Duration among Walkers and Cyclists.” Journal of Physical Activity and Health 2015; 12(Suppl 1): S76-83. http://dx.doi.org/10.1123/jpah.2012-0320
- Alberghetti A**, Collins PA. “A Passion for Gambling: A Generation-Specific Conceptual Analysis and Review of Gambling Among Older Adults In Canada”. Journal of Gambling Studies 2015; 31(2): 343-358. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10899-013-9425-2
- Chadwick K**, Collins PA. “Examining the influence of social support availability and urban center size on the mental health status of Canadian immigrants: a mixed methods study.” Social Science & Medicine 2015; 128: 220-30. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2015.01.036
- Power E, Little MH, Collins PA. A food stamp program is not the answer to food insecurity in Canada. Health Promotion International 2015; 30(1): 184-93. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/heapro/dau080
- Collins PA. “Examining Municipal Intentions to Address Local Health Issues: An Analysis of Official Community Plans of Five Metro Vancouver Municipalities.” Canadian Planning Policy (CJUR) 2014; 23 (1 Supplement): 21-45. link
- Collins PA, Resendes S*, Dunn JR. “Exploring Community Health Centres’ Initiatives to Address Upstream Health Determinants at the Neighbourhood Level in Ontario.” Healthcare Policy. 2014; 10(1): 14-29. link
- Collins PA, Power EM, Little MH. “Municipal Level Responses to Household Food Insecurity in Canada: A Call for Critical, Evaluative Research.” Canadian Journal of Public Health. 2014; 105(2):e138-41. link
- Daw JR, Morgan SG, Collins PA, Abelson J. “Framing Incremental Expansions to Public Health Insurance Programs: The Case of Canadian Pharmacare.” Journal of Health Politics, Policy, and Law. 2014; 39(2): 295-330. http://dx.doi.org/10.1215/03616878-2416229
- Collins PA, Hayes MV. “Examining the Capacities of Municipal Governments to Reduce Health Inequities: A Survey of Municipal Actors’ Perceptions in Metro Vancouver.” Canadian Journal of Public Health 2013; 104(4): e304-310. link
- Collins PA. “Do Great Local Minds Think Alike? Assessing Consensus in Perceptions of the Social Determinants of Health between Non-Profit and Governmental Actors in Two Canadian Cities”. Health Education Research 2012; 27(3): 371-84. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/her/cys009
- Collins PA, Hayes MV. “The Role of Urban Municipal Governments in Reducing Health Inequities: A Meta-Narrative Mapping Analysis”. International Journal for Equity in Health 2010; 9(1): 13. link
- Abelson J, Collins PA. “Media Hyping of Drug Policy in Canada and the UK: The Case of Herceptin.” Healthcare Policy 2009; 4(3): e113-e128. link
- Collins PA, Hayes MV, Oliver LN. “Neighbourhood Quality and Self-Rated Health: A Survey of Eight Suburban Neighbourhoods in the Vancouver Census Metropolitan Area.” Health & Place 2009; 15: 156-64. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.healthplace.2008.03.008
- Collins PA, Hayes MV. “Twenty years since Ottawa and Epp: Researchers’ Reflections on Challenges, Gains, and Future Prospects for Reducing Health Inequities in Canada.” Health Promotion International 2007; 22 (4): 337-45. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/heapro/dam031
- Collins PA, Abelson J, Eyles JD. “Knowledge into Action? Understanding Ideological Barriers to Addressing Health Inequalities at the Local Level.” Health Policy 2007; 80 (1): 158-71. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.healthpol.2006.02.014
- Collins PA, Abelson J, Pyman H, Lavis J. “Are We Expecting Too Much From Print Media? An Analysis of Newspaper Coverage of the 2002 Canadian Healthcare Reform Debate.” Social Science & Medicine 2006; 63 (1): 89-102. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2005.12.012
- Abelson J, Eyles J, McLeod C, Collins P, McMullan C, Forest PG. “Does Deliberation Make a Difference? Results from a Citizens Panel Study of Health Goals Priority Setting.” Health Policy 2003; 66 (1): 95-106.